Search Result

Popular Posts

Interior Design 101

Think grammar school.  Pencils, check. Erasers, check. Graph paper, check.  Tracing paper, check.  Architectural scale, check.  Glue stick, check.  You get the picture!  I finally bit the bullet and enrolled in an interior design class at a local college.  I think this is the first time I have taken a class and really (and I mean really) just enjoyed it.  It felt natural although intimidating because I have no experience, but that is why I am there, right? 


The last 30 minutes of class, our instructor handed out her favorite design shelter magazines and told us to browse them and rip out anything that inspires us.  I was like, for real?  I mean this is what I do for ultimate pleasure and now I get to do in class!!  Love it!!


The instructor, an established interior designer, shared a lot of 'sound' advice and many of her sources or as she calls them her "secrets".  It was fun and I'm looking forward to going back next week. 


For homework, we need to pick a room in our house that we want to re-do and the sky is the limit (in terms of budget).  Do you know how foreign that is to me?  I am so use to sourcing items that are budget friendly, I think I am going to get over-whelmed with all the beautiful and amazing furnishings out there. 


But, hey, I'm not complaining.  This is going to be so fun!!  I picked our dining room!!  Woohoo...